GMC Typhoon Parts & Accessories

If you are familiar with GMC's Jimmy SUV and have really enjoyed its features, then you'll surely love its high-performance version — the GMC Typhoon. This vehicle model was produced only in a couple of years (from 1992 until 1993) but has amazingly sold over 4, 600 units of automobiles. It was heavily based on the 1991 GMC Syclone pickup truck, and measures and weighs 100.5 inches for its wheelbase, 170.3 inches in length, 68.2 inches in width, 60 inches in height, and 3822 pounds for its curb weight.

For the powerplant, the GMC Typhoon is equipped with a Mitsubishi TD06-17C/8 centimeter squared turbocharger engine, coupled with Garrett water and air intercooler that is connected to a 4.3-liter LB4 V6 engine. In addition, the Typhoon trucks display unique pistons, main caps, head gaskets, intake manifolds, fuel system, exhaust manifold and a throttle body from the 5.7 L GM Small-Block engine. It also features an all-wheel drive drivetrain, 4-speed 4L60 automatic transmission and a BorgWarner 13 72 or 4472 transfer case to split the torque output into 35 percent forward and the remaining 65 percent to the rear wheels. Other specifications of the GMC Typhoon include the use of upgraded brakes and sport modifications with regards to the standard suspensions.

As a result of the above mentioned features, the GMC Typhoon is capable of generating an official output of 280 horsepower and 360 ft-lbf torque. Several stock Typhoon models boost up to more than 300 horsepower on a dynometer. For its fuel economy, it averages only 15 miles per gallon for city-driving and 19 mile per gallon for highway driving. Basic features of the 1992 Typhoons include full leather interior with Typhoon embroidered seats, CD player, optional roof rack, plastic guard around door handles, and the 1993 Typhoons had the same basic features with additional body exterior paint options. Came1993 when the GMC Typhoon's production was discontinued to give way for the upcoming GMC Yukon C3 model.

Given that you were able to own a GMC Typhoon automobile and been looking for its performance, aftermarket or even replacement parts including stylish and practical accessories, then we are glad to tell you that you have just visited the perfect site. Here at Parts Train, we offer great deals and wide array of GMC Typhoon automotive products for all your needs. Simply browse our comprehensive catalogue for more information and accurate specifications regarding our products. Check them out now!
.